Tacoless Taco Salad
- 4 ounces ground beef
- 2 tsp taco seasoning mix (see below)
- 2 T water
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, shredded
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1 ounce cheese, shredded, optional
- 1 T sour cream, optional
Preheat skillet over med-high heat.
Add ground beef and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
Add taco seasoning and water.
Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes more.
Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
Layer salad with romaine, cucumber, carrots, avocado and cheese/sour cream, if using.
*For strict paleo omit cheese and sour cream and use olive oil and apple cider vinegar for dressing.
Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper